July 2, 2011

And we're off.....to a great weekend!!!! *Insert lots of sarcasm when you read this*

Good morning all!!! I just thought I would pop on here and tell you all how I am off to an Ah-mazing start to my 3 day holiday weekend. It all started yesterday at work when I realized I had absolutely no plans for my holiday weekend. None. So glad we decided to move to a small town 40 minutes from anyone we know, yet continue to work in another town 40 minutes from that just to make sure we stand no chance of meeting anyone new!

After work: I got home to a Husband that looked like he was ready to murder even the cutest, tiniest, fluffy bunny just for breathing, but insisted on telling me he was fine. Umm.. ok? After about an hour of silence and me just enjoying the nice cold air in our house (97 degrees out yesterday...heat index of 9 billion with a dew point of 99%) he asked if I wanted to go to the races. You want me to go sit outside in this dryer like heat for 4 hours to watch cars go around and around a dirt oval? Thank you, but no. So he went by himself. Nice, me sitting at home on a Friday night........

After races: Husband and I sat outside for awhile having a few drinks since the temp was down to about 85 (much better huh?). Oh, and by few I mean me having one fruity  masterpiece and him having 4 tall boys. Go inside, find a movie to watch and this is when burn number 2 happens.... I don't know when it was exactly that I realized he was no longer in the bathroom and my how odd it was he didn't tell me he was heading up to bed, but I shut the TV off and headed upstairs myself. What did I find? No husband. The man that had just left me home on a Friday night had freakin' gone into our computer room where the Dog was and slept on the FUTON with him....all night.....instead of sleeping in a BED.... with Me!

Call Dr. Phil, Jerry Springer or Maury - scratch that, this is not a paternity dispute- just tell whoever it is that I have a great topic for their next show,  "I am jealous and suspicious of a 90 pound, 3 year old, black Labradane...he is taking over my marriage."

Tonight is not looking any better...........

2 comments:

Marianna Annadanna said...

Wow. Husbands can be so annoying with their I-refuse-to-tell-you-what-my-problem-is CRAP. I feel your pain.

And? Coincidentally, my hubby slept in the spare room last night too. He chose to, but in this case I didn't really mind. Still sucks though...

Striving for Mediocrity said...

I got the joy of being woken up last night at 4 a.m. when the plate that he fell sleep with on the couch crashed to the floor. How amazing is that? Fall asleep with a plate propped on your belly and hold that position for about 4 hours...I guess that's why I married him, the plate balancing skills :)